Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure a SSID moving to a normal network

Configure a SSID moving to a normal network

tobias_berndes
New Contributor

Hello!

Right now we are running Hivemanager 19.5.1.7-NGVA on Premise with many Accesspoints AP 130.

We have a network policy and furthermore a few SSID's where the users are moved to specific vlans depending on the sector they are working at.

The Hivemanager is a VM which is located at the top location of our company with a few existing vlan's and the basic subnet is 10.x.x.x/8

We have more locations of our company which are connected with a site-to-site VPN to our network but on the other locations there aren't any VLAN's, just a standard internal /24 subnet.

I want to create a new SSID for the other location, which is connected via site-to-site VPN where the users should be moved to the standard internal /24 subnet (192.168.x.y/24) but in the configuration tab of Aerohive under

configure>Network Policies>wireless networks>Add (All other Networks, standard)>User Access Settings

i only can see the option, that the users are moved to a specific vlan.

But i want them to get moved to the standard internal /24 subnet.

So what do i have to do? Create a new Network Policy? or add this specific 192.168.x.y/24 subnet to the basic network settings?

On top of that i want to show one of the ssid's from the top location on one of the other locations so that the users from the top location can easily connect to the already known ssid

1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

For the users you want placed in the standard internal subnet, you'll want to place them on the VLAN that is associate with that subnet. They will reach out on the VLAN assigned to them to the DHCP server hosting that VLAN, and they'll be placed on the proper subnet from there.

For the SSID that you want displayed in two locations, you can add the SSID object to the Network Policy of both locations to have the SSID available in both areas. Just keep in mind that any change made to the SSID will be reflected everywhere that SSID is used once the APs are updated.

GTM-P2G8KFN