cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credential Distribution Groups: Instead of Guest Management Role User, I wish to have staff users log in via AD, Active Directory User, so they can manage guests.

Credential Distribution Groups: Instead of Guest Management Role User, I wish to have staff users log in via AD, Active Directory User, so they can manage guests.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Instead of Guest Management Role User, I wish to have staff users log in via AD, Active Directory User, so they can manage guests. 

I have only used the Guest Management Role where individual Hivemanager accounts have been added.

The method in the help page is very brief

https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/gui/configuration/configuring-employee-group.htm

Is there any step by step guide for adding a AD account, and using Groups from this to allow Staff Guest Managers to login and add new guests to a Usergroup?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We do have this feature in HiveManager (where users will login with their AD credentials to the HiveManager), but it is quite new and we are still working on documentation for it. As soon as we have more documentation I will be sure to update you.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi George, I'm sorry for the long wait here, I wanted to confirm that this was a working feature before getting back to you. This should be available in the latest HiveManager version for on prem deployments. The Guest Manager should be able to log in to the HiveManager using their AD credentials and then the HiveManager will give them Guest Manager permissions based on their role that was set up in the HiveManager admin creation.

george_margarit
New Contributor

Hello Sam,

has there been any progress on Guest Manager login to Hivemanager (on prem) via AD group?

Thanks

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Jason, sorry for the wait, I had to check in on this for you. I can confirm the fix for the current issue with Radius login for HiveManager admins should come out with the next on premises HiveManager release, which is scheduled to come out in the near future.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
Hi Sam,

Do you have any update on the ETA for releasing radius authentication to allow staff accs to sign on to a guest manager admin role in credential distribution group.

I understand this is also possible with SAML. I do not have experience with this however.
I can pursue this further with our customer but I need to know what they require.

What systems do they need to integrate their AD to Hivemanager?
Is this ADFS?
I will request a support case to be opened as I understand that SAML is not available without being enabled via ATAC.

Perhaps we could go down the SAML route if it is possible with the current lastest NGVA they run.

Thanks
Jason

Jason Hills
04 550 5069
Sent from my phone
GTM-P2G8KFN