cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credential Distribution Groups: Instead of Guest Management Role User, I wish to have staff users log in via AD, Active Directory User, so they can manage guests.

Credential Distribution Groups: Instead of Guest Management Role User, I wish to have staff users log in via AD, Active Directory User, so they can manage guests.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Instead of Guest Management Role User, I wish to have staff users log in via AD, Active Directory User, so they can manage guests. 

I have only used the Guest Management Role where individual Hivemanager accounts have been added.

The method in the help page is very brief

https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/gui/configuration/configuring-employee-group.htm

Is there any step by step guide for adding a AD account, and using Groups from this to allow Staff Guest Managers to login and add new guests to a Usergroup?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We do have this feature in HiveManager (where users will login with their AD credentials to the HiveManager), but it is quite new and we are still working on documentation for it. As soon as we have more documentation I will be sure to update you.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately the issues won't be resolved without an on premises update, which hasn't happened since the problem was first reported. I can't promise the very next release will have the fix included as I haven't seen release notes for any upcoming versions yet, but any patch for this issue will have to come through an update to the HiveManager version.

As for the next steps you outlined, the first one unfortunately isn't something I have visibility on since that's on the AD side, but I would imagine you would create the users as normal.

The second step, "And also to have their RADIUS servers trust the IP of the OnPremise NGVA", are you referring to the NAS list within the Radius server? That already trusts all Aerohive devices by default so you wouldn't need to edit that list unless you wanted to use non-Aerohive devices to use this Radius server as well (not something we'd recommend).

The last step, "Then to create the CDGroup with this value", I'm fairly sure that needs to be a new account in the Account Management section rather than the CDGroups, but I will confirm this for you just to be certain.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
Hi Sam,

I’m aware that documentation is not quite ready for the RADIUS Hivemanager login. I am pleased that I was able to login as a Super-Admin on their Onpremise Hive and could follow your instructions to Silhouette icon> Global Settings> RADIUS Configuration> Toggle to to ON>
And have created the links to their radius servers.

I understand that I now need to:

· have the customer include a value in their AD for those users with the rights to login to the VHM.

· And also to have their RADIUS servers trust the IP of the OnPremise NGVA.

· Then to create the CDGroup with this value.

Do you have any instructions on these steps, or confirmation that any issues are now resolved?

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Hills
Senior Engineering Consultant
Kordia Ltd | DDI. +6445505069 | M. +64212418563

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That would depend heavily on the integration, it can be SSO, or it can include other factors. I would recommend opening a case so you can discuss your specific network set up with a technician to see what we would be able to do for you there. Integrating SAML will require a technical support case anyway as this isn't enabled by default in HiveManager, we'd need to enable it for you.

As for the ETA, I've confirmed again today that this is still an issue. I think if you can open a case for this as well, it would help our engineering team to have access to new data to continue working on this issue. Ultimately, the first announcement of a fix for this issue will be in the release notes for an on premises HiveManager Update. So the next update would be the earliest we'd see this fixed, and it's not guaranteed that we'd have a fix then as it's still an open issue on our side currently. Just to set expectations here a bit.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
Hi

Is the saml method the usual single sign on, email credential created from a hive manager login such as a guest manager account?

Will you be able to find an ETA ?

Thanks
Jason

Jason Hills
04 550 5069
Sent from my phone

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm sorry for the long wait here, I was able to confirm that the Radius log in to HiveManager feature is still not working correctly. The SAML login method works, but the AD/LDAP method is still having issues.

GTM-P2G8KFN