cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different channels seen using show ascp neighbour.

Different channels seen using show ascp neighbour.

steven_rous
New Contributor

Edited text files show apparent mismatch between two APs one the Mesh Portal and the other the Meshed AP.   Note.   I've removed some details and replaced with ...  ?

It would appear that both APs are using Channel 112 for the Wifi1 Backhaul link and when we run a show hive <hive id> neighbour command they apparently are seeing each other on Channel 112.

When however I run the show ascp neighbour command the Mesh Portal apparently is seeing the Meshed AP on Channel 132 and not 112?   I'm wondering whether this is correct or a bug.   And if not a bug how this can be correct.  

11 REPLIES 11

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for explaining, my apologies for the lack of responses. Could you forward the email chain to communityhelp@aerohive.com so I can follow up for you internally? I will find an SE for you to speak with and I'll stay in contact with you to make sure you get timely responses moving forward.

reinhardg
Contributor II

Hi Sam,

I'm sorry, but I have no case number. I assume that our partner (RedNet AG in Germany) didn't forward this problem to Aerohive support. I asked several times for a status update, but didn't get an answer.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Could you share the case number with me so I can follow up to see why you haven't received a reply? If you'd rather share this with me directly, my email is communityhelp@aerohive.com.

reinhardg
Contributor II

Hello Steven, hello Sam,

the wrong detection or display of channels not only is the case with meshed APs. We mentioned this also with APs which only are used for client access. We've also seen that one AP sees the BSSID of another AP twice: one time in the 2.4GHz band, another time in the 5GHz band. I'm afraid that the selection of the best channel is affected when channels don't become discovered correctly.

And something else sometimes is wrong: SSIDs appear as empty/hidden although they definitely become broadcasted.

We already raised a ticket at our partner support - however, we are waiting since more than three months for a feedback.

GTM-P2G8KFN