cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different channels seen using show ascp neighbour.

Different channels seen using show ascp neighbour.

steven_rous
New Contributor

Edited text files show apparent mismatch between two APs one the Mesh Portal and the other the Meshed AP.   Note.   I've removed some details and replaced with ...  ?

It would appear that both APs are using Channel 112 for the Wifi1 Backhaul link and when we run a show hive <hive id> neighbour command they apparently are seeing each other on Channel 112.

When however I run the show ascp neighbour command the Mesh Portal apparently is seeing the Meshed AP on Channel 132 and not 112?   I'm wondering whether this is correct or a bug.   And if not a bug how this can be correct.  

11 REPLIES 11

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I've emailed that to you now, please let me know if you have any further questions.

steven_rous
New Contributor

​Hi Sam, if you could mail out details that would be helpful.   Thank You.  

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Steven, thank you for your patience, I'm sorry for the delay here. I've been trying to test this in my lab but I'm having some fairly large issues with Mesh in my lab right now, so I think it would be the best use of your time for you to open a case at this point. I see your account has partner support, so you'd want to contact your partner for this. If you're not sure who to reach out to for your partner, I can email you some contact information directly.

steven_rous
New Contributor

​Hi Sam, just wondering whether you've managed to replicate this problem.   It's quite unique in as much as I've only seen this issue on Mesh Links.  

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that output, we are getting background scans through which is good news. For setting the channels statically, it isn't strictly necessary, the Mesh connection will form without it, but it's highly recommended so we can be sure the APs are using the same channel to communicate. To see if this is a bug I'm going to have to do some testing in my lab, I'll keep you updated with what I find. I appreciate your patience in the mean time.

GTM-P2G8KFN