cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anybody know how to use the new RADIUS authentication feature for admin users in HM on Prem 12.8.2.2?

Does anybody know how to use the new RADIUS authentication feature for admin users in HM on Prem 12.8.2.2?

aerohive_rotten
New Contributor

I was able to connect to my RADIUS Server and get successful authentication. However the HiveManager always returned an error on the login screen.

Is there some Attribute I have to return to HiveManager from the RADIUS Server?

17 REPLIES 17

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm sorry for the delay here, I just wanted to let you know I'm still looking in to this for you. I'll update you as soon as I know more.

aerohive_rotten
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

I am using a Windows NPS Server. In the log of the RADIUS I can see successful authentication.

How does the HiveManager know if the user gets Admin or Operator privileges? With HM Classic you had to use the attributes, that's why I thought this may be the way.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

There shouldn't be an attribute that needs to match for this. We do want to make sure the HiveManager address is on the NAS list of the Radius server. Are you using a Radius server hosted on an AP or a Radius server hosted on your backend network?

GTM-P2G8KFN