cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does HiveManager NG support Routing on the APs

Does HiveManager NG support Routing on the APs

blw
New Contributor

I have the same question as posted here: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/question/0D50c00005m6O0tCAE/ap250-use-both-ethernet-ports-as-separate-physical-links-to-2-x-networks

Are there any updates on if this is available in HiveManager NG yet? (A brief look seems to suggest not). It's working like a charm on an AP330 in HiveManager Classic.

If not, then I have been looking at the running config in HiveManager Classic. Could I add "forwarding-engine l2-default-route interface eth1 vlan 2" as a supplemental CLI object in NG? Would this be supported?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

A HiveOS will require a reboot and the supplemental CLI is re-applied after each reboot, so this shouldn't break the functionality. If the command works now, I doubt we would disable the functionality later on, but I can't make an promises since I'm not on the production team.

blw
New Contributor

Hi Sam, thank you for this. I have added the supplemental CLI object with the command which works perfectly. Do you know if this is something that would be supported for a production network or could a HiveOS update break this functionality?

Thanks again!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

HiveManager NG does not support APs in router mode currently. I'll check with our development team to see if this is on the road map for future updates, I'll let you know what I hear back.

GTM-P2G8KFN