cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyMesh - do AP330s support the EasyMesh standard? Running HiveOS 6.5r11.216370

EasyMesh - do AP330s support the EasyMesh standard? Running HiveOS 6.5r11.216370

jpye
New Contributor III
5 REPLIES 5

jpye
New Contributor III

Update - I was not able to create a mesh connection between the Orbi RBS50Yv2 and an AP330. The test is over. LOL

jpye
New Contributor III

Thanks for the info; I would be surprised if it works with the AP330, I'll run that test next week and if it works, I'll update this conversation. We currently don't have any ATOMs on the WLAN because we are still using HM Classic, which does not support the ATOM. We are upgrading to HM Local Cloud (VM) next month so we may buy ATOMs because they would help coverage in several locations.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

With an AP 330 I don't think we can connect to third party APs to host a Mesh connection between them, but our ATOM is designed to work with third party networks, I might suggest looking in to those. However the ATOMs (or AP 30s) are very small and aren't particularly designed for Mesh (not that they can't, but it's just not the focus of that design).

jpye
New Contributor III

We are a consumer electronics retailer; we use Aerohive on the corporate network; we sell consumer-level brand Wi-Fi products from vendors such as NetGear and Eero to our customers. I am often asked to do support for our sales people on the consumer Wi-Fi products we sell. We will be selling an outdoor-rated Orbi product that supports the EasyMesh standard. I'm curious as to whether I can connect this consumer product to an AP330 via mesh for our internet-only SSID for employees and guests. If it works we will feature this test in our website feature articles.

GTM-P2G8KFN