cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 9 on AP230/AP330

Error 9 on AP230/AP330

rmfalco89
New Contributor

I bought 2 AP230 + 1 AP330 on eBay, I created an account on ExtremeCloud IQ, and when I start the configuration by entering the devices SN I get the same error for the 3 of them:

"Error 9: The device appears to be in use by another VIQ."

Here are the serial numbers:

AP230:

AP330:

Can you please help me getting them unlocked?

A big hug in advance

9 REPLIES 9

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Thanks for following up here, I've emailed you the contact information for your local sales engineer, they should be able to help you with a formal transfer of ownership request without contacting the original owner. Please let me know if I can help with anything else!

rmfalco89
New Contributor
Hi @Sam Pirok
Have you heard back from the previous owners of the AP230s?

if not, can you please help unblocking them?

thank you!

rmfalco89
New Contributor
Thank you @Sam Pirok
that makes a lot of sense! Thank you for taking the time to explain the process in detail.​​

I don’t mind at all sharing that I am in San Jose California.

Thanks!

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi @rmfalco89, sure thing, the process for this situation is:  I email the original owner three times, giving them a day in between emails to answer. After the third email, I reach out to the account team that used to work with the original owner to see if they can approve the transfer of ownership for us instead. If they can't help us, we'll find your local sales engineer and get you touch with them to start an official request to transfer ownership of the device without approval from the original owner, which is something only they can help you with.

Unfortunately I am not able to release any device without approval from either the original owner or the old account team. I did just send out the third email to the original owner for your devices this morning, so if I haven't heard back from them by EOD tomorrow, I will move on to the old account team. Worst case ETA for when we need to move to your local sales team would be this Friday, 11/19/21.

Just in case we do need to go to your local sales team, could you let me know generally where you are located so I can find a local engineer to connect with you? If you'd rather share that with me directly, please feel free to email me any time at community@extremenetworks.com. 

Is that what you were looking for? Please let me know if I can clarify anything. ​
GTM-P2G8KFN