cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 9 The device appears to be in use by another VIQ.

karlc87
New Contributor

Hi Community,

I wanted to register my Aerohive AP230 on ExtremeCloudIQ, but I get the error:

Can you please support me?

Serial number: 02301405161228

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Karl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Karl, thanks for reaching out, that device should now be free to add to your inventory. Is there anything else I can help you with?

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

SamPirok
Community Manager

Thank you for those details, we’ll need to get the AP up to firmware version 6.5r3 at minimum in order to manage it via the XIQ platform. I don’t know of a way to update firmware via USB, but the following guide reviews how to update via the WebUI of the AP in case that helps: 

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?n=000046425&q=WEb%20UI

karlc87
New Contributor

Hi Sam, many thanks. I added already my nice AP ? ,but

on Device View → Updated I see “Device Update Failed”. When I go with the mouse over it, I see: “The CLI ’save image https://fra.extremecloudiq.com:443/afs-webapp/hiveos/images/APS230-8.2r5.img.S admin [...] execute failed, cause by: The Aerohive device was unable to save the image to flash memory. Reboot The Aerohive device and try again. If this problem persists, contact Aerohive Support.”

I rebooted several times and I clicked the reset button on the device. The problem persists. Can I upgrade it also via USB? My current device version is 6.4.1.0.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Karl

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hi Karl, thanks for reaching out, that device should now be free to add to your inventory. Is there anything else I can help you with?

GTM-P2G8KFN