cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when connecting to Guest network

Error when connecting to Guest network

jurgen
New Contributor III

For one of our customers we have the following configuration: one policy defined, with two SSID's configured. One of these SSID is as a guest network and requires the users to connect using a social login.

The same configuration is used at several locations of the customers. At one of these locations, users can't connect to the guest network. They receive the following error: 500 ERROR ACPP Configuration is wrong .

It is an AP121 and the current HiveOS is 6.5r10.205308. We are using MyHive .

Is there an option to get some extra logging from this device remotely?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurgen
New Contributor III

Hello,

The problem is solved. We just forgot to gave the access point a static ip.

Do I need to do something in order to disable the logging again?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jurgen
New Contributor III

Ok, thanks for the help.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You can rerun the command with "no" in front to disable the debugs if you'd like. For example: no _debug auth basic

They also are disabled when you reboot the AP.

jurgen
New Contributor III

Hello,

The problem is solved. We just forgot to gave the access point a static ip.

Do I need to do something in order to disable the logging again?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, if you can SSH in to the AP and enable the following debugs, we can get some insight in to the authentication process to see what's failing.

_debug auth basic

_debug auth verbose

Then we would want to replicate the issue with a test device, and pull tech data. Please let me know the MAC address of the client you use to test with, so I can focus on that traffic in the tech data.

If you are using HiveManager (formerly NG, cloud.aerohive.com) you can get tech data by going to Tools> Utilities> Get tech data> Check the box next to the AP> Get tech data (blue button at the top of the page this time). Please feel free to send that to me at communityhelp@aerohive.com, and I can let you know what we find.

GTM-P2G8KFN