cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greetings, one of our APs went down for a few minutes last night. I've looked into our syslog to find out why. Here's what I've found. (see screenshot) Can anyone tell me what those messages mean exactly? Thanks!

Greetings, one of our APs went down for a few minutes last night. I've looked into our syslog to find out why. Here's what I've found. (see screenshot) Can anyone tell me what those messages mean exactly? Thanks!

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
2 REPLIES 2

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Hello Sam,

thanks for your answer. We're using HiveManager 8.2r1 (classic it should be).

So far, the AP is running since the "crash" without any problems.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for your patience, I was looking in to those logs for you, and unfortunately only our engineering team would be certain about what a kernel dump means. I could guess that it's noting issues about the CPU, but without more context I can't be sure. Could you enable CAPWAP debugs and pull tech data directly after you see the issue happen again?

CAPWAP debugs:

_debug capwap info

_debug capwap basic

_debug capwap stat

These will be erased if the AP reboots. You can also manually disable these at any time by adding "no" to the start of the command; for example "no _debug capwap info". 

If you could confirm for me which HiveManager platform you are using, I can give you more specific instructions on how to get tech data; HiveManager Classic (myhive.aerohive.com) or HiveManager (formerly NG, cloud.aerohive.com)

Or you can get tech data via the CLI of the AP, this guide will review how to set that up- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Collecting-Tech-Data-via-CLI

We'll want to get tech data as soon after the issue happens as possible to have the best chance of seeing the even in the buffered log.

GTM-P2G8KFN