cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone been able to get the "location" column of .CSV import during onboarding to work?

Has anyone been able to get the "location" column of .CSV import during onboarding to work?

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I can get the hostname to work fine, but location doesn't give any details in the sample .csv it just says "location". I've tried a few different formats based on what I'm seeing in different areas of XIQ but nothing is working.

5 REPLIES 5

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

For any one of my dozens of sites the Buildings and Floors are configured as in the screenshot below. While every building name is unique, there are dozens of"FL-01" floors etc. If the answer is that I need to rename my floors to something unique for that site I understand, but I don't see how the system could differentiate otherwise. If that is the case, I find it strange that the system allows duplicate floor names. ceca09d8ed864045b605f92686f1810c_0694Q000009Hu5fQAC.png

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm sorry for the wait here, I've been looking in to this for you on my side. Could you send the file you're having issues with to Communityhelp@aerohive.com so I can review it and try to replicate in my lab?

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

Any more info on this?

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

Currently XIQ allows duplicate floor names, and all the floor names in my environment have duplicate names ( F01, F02 etc). Would this break my ability to onboard via csv to multiple locations?

Also you said "will be created". Does this mean you can use CSV inport to create Site, Buildings, or Floors?

GTM-P2G8KFN