cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everyone, I am not very IT skilled and need help with setting a small network from Aerohive devices - sr2324p switch and two access points - AP250 and AP550. Any help with which cables to use and how to configure these devices would be hight ap

Hello everyone, I am not very IT skilled and need help with setting a small network from Aerohive devices - sr2324p switch and two access points - AP250 and AP550. Any help with which cables to use and how to configure these devices would be hight ap

info114
New Contributor

The network will have internet from Virgin Hitron CGNV4 router in modem only mode. 

I am registered to ExtremeCloudIQ device manager, but do not know how to connect my router with a switch.

10 REPLIES 10

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

1- Yes, HiveManager is the same platform as Connect. HiveManager (now known as ExtremeCloud IQ or ECIQ) has a full featured version called Select, and a limited free version called Connect. Some options won't be available in Connect, but the options that are there are the same as the ones in Select so the guides are interchangeable.

2- You will need to access the CLI of the switch, either through SSH or console cable.

3- You can also check your DHCP server to see what IP address the switch has pulled.

4- Unfortunately we can't help you with your firewall set up outside of Aerohive, you'll want to contact your Firewall support for assistance there.

info114
New Contributor

Hi Sam, after 2 days still no reply from Luke Broadway reg support. I need to set up the network very urgently and since the issue seems to be with CAPWAP (error message: Could not view configuration on device 399273044838695. There is no version for the device, try to setup a CAPWAP connection to HiveManager.) I will try to set CAPWAP on my Switch first. I looked at the guide you sent me and have a few questions about it:

1- Is the free

version of Extreme Cloud IQ manager same as Hive manager - Im just checking as

all guides refer to Hive Manager.

2 - the guide

speaks about commands - where do I type in these commands? Do I need to

download any app or which function f ExtremeCloud do I use to enter these

commands?

3 – guide also

mentions getting device IP, however to me it is not clear how can I get switch

IP without being able to connect to it – could you please clarify the ways of

getting switch IP?

4 – Issue with Firewall outbound connections – Aerohive global data center services provide this info for configuration (https://extremecloudiq.com/support/Amsterdam.html) Domain name, IPv4 addresses, Protocol, and Ports which need to be enabled – could you please refer me to any basic guide on how to unlock ports and set up correct domain name, IPv4 address and protocol?

Thank you very much

Best regards

IK

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

This guide reviews how to manually connect devices to your ExtremeCloud IQ instance: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/CAPWAP-Guide-for-HiveManager-NG

If you'd like to purchase support with Aerohive/Extreme, then we could help you set up your network over a screen sharing session/phone call. If you can tell me where you're located, I can let you know who the sales engineer for your area is and how to get in touch with them to purchase support. If you'd rather share that information with me directly, please feel free to email me at communityhelp@aerohive.com.

info114
New Contributor

hi Sam,

thanks for your advice I used SFP to RJ45 transciever to connect the switch with Virgin media router. I onboarded all 3 devices, but all of them show as red in Extreme Cloud IQ manager - please see screenshot. Could you please advice what settings and where I should implement to interconnect all of them? Can you recommend a remote assistance service/company who could set up this small network? thank you

GTM-P2G8KFN