cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I would like to know how to configure a VLAN on the Switches without configure any port with this VLAN

Hello, I would like to know how to configure a VLAN on the Switches without configure any port with this VLAN

benjamin_zeller
New Contributor

We have a Guest VLAN on APs with DHCP. The Switches musst know this VLAN to connect the clients to the DHCP server over the VLAN. I have tried anything. If I configure a Port on the Switches with this VLAN everthing is OK, but I want not configure a Port, I want always the Switches knows the VLAN. If I configure the Port back to Trunk in the DELTA-Configuration is "no vlan 36"

I´ve also tried to "Apply VLANs to devices using classification" with CloudConfigGroup / IP Adress/ Location and else but the Switches didn´t get this VLAN. I´m angry if I configure the VLAN in CLI mode any changes on the Policy will delete the VLAN again. Can you please help me?

THX

Ben

5 REPLIES 5

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If you're using any VLAN other than the native VLAN, you will have to configure the ports on the switch, otherwise they won't be able to pass the traffic.

GTM-P2G8KFN