cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I would like to know how to configure a VLAN on the Switches without configure any port with this VLAN

Hello, I would like to know how to configure a VLAN on the Switches without configure any port with this VLAN

benjamin_zeller
New Contributor

We have a Guest VLAN on APs with DHCP. The Switches musst know this VLAN to connect the clients to the DHCP server over the VLAN. I have tried anything. If I configure a Port on the Switches with this VLAN everthing is OK, but I want not configure a Port, I want always the Switches knows the VLAN. If I configure the Port back to Trunk in the DELTA-Configuration is "no vlan 36"

I´ve also tried to "Apply VLANs to devices using classification" with CloudConfigGroup / IP Adress/ Location and else but the Switches didn´t get this VLAN. I´m angry if I configure the VLAN in CLI mode any changes on the Policy will delete the VLAN again. Can you please help me?

THX

Ben

5 REPLIES 5

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

In the device specific settings, do you see your template applied? You can find that by going to Manage> Click on the host name of the device> Configure (left hand side menu)> Device Configuration> Scroll down to view the template in use.

Would you be able to add me as an external user with the email address spirok@extremenetworks.com? This guide reviews how to add an external admin and find your Organization name, which I'll need to find your VIQ specifically: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Allowing-Support-Access-to-HiveManager

terry1
New Contributor

I think his question is the same as mine, how do you use the template to configure the switch ports rather than the CLI. I have my template set to make the ports Trunk with PVID 1 and Allow ALL but that's not working either, of course this is a 2208p and doesn't seem to ever get rid of the "Using Device Level Configuration" warning regardless of what I do and that I can see the update happen when I push it out from the former HiveManager, now re-branded ExtremeCloud IQ

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Right, you'll want to make sure the port type on your template reflects all active VLANs. If you're only using a native VLAN, you need access ports. If you're using more than one VLAN, you will need trunk ports.

benjamin_zeller
New Contributor

OK, that means on the switch over directly. And then we musst watch out if we make any changes on the templates?

Thank you

GTM-P2G8KFN