cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Hello, My overall goal is to use the API to come up with monthly usage data for the top 20 users. I have connected to the API and am seeing data returned but with discrepancies.

Hello, My overall goal is to use the API to come up with monthly usage data for the top 20 users. I have connected to the API and am seeing data returned but with discrepancies.

jludt
New Contributor

I'm using the following method in Postman to yield results for what I believe to be the same time range as the HiveManager report I'm comparing to. From there I'm searching the API results for a corresponding username from that report and adding up the usage. Are the usage results in the API in bytes? Should I be going about trying to do this in another way?

https://hmng-prod-va2-cm-01.aerohive.com/xapi/v1/monitor/clients?ownerId=****&startTime=2018-11-25T00:00:00.000Z&endTime=2018-12-02T23:59:00.000Z&timeUnit=DAY&page=0&pageSize=100000

11 REPLIES 11

jludt
New Contributor

Sam - please do add the request. Also - can you confirm there would be no other means to get at that data in that Dashboard widget via the API?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We currently don't have monthly reports available, but I can submit a feature request for you to get this added in if you'd like?

jludt
New Contributor

Hi there - since gaining access to Hivemanager myself it has become clearer what we are after - which is the data that is being displayed in the Top Usage widget of the Dashboard->Summary section of Hivemanager. This needs to be monthly usage and preferably emailed like the other reports can. However, I don't see a means to filter by month when creating a report.

Are there any endpoints that aren't disclosed in the documentation that might get us access to the usage data in the Dashboard?

Is there any way other way I can get a monthly usage report setup to be emailed like the other reports?

jludt
New Contributor

Sam - we added you as an external user. Please let me know if you need anything else from my end.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Would you be able to add me as an external user with the email slynn@aerohive.com? That way I could take a look at the reports you have set up.

GTM-P2G8KFN