cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Hello, My overall goal is to use the API to come up with monthly usage data for the top 20 users. I have connected to the API and am seeing data returned but with discrepancies.

Hello, My overall goal is to use the API to come up with monthly usage data for the top 20 users. I have connected to the API and am seeing data returned but with discrepancies.

jludt
New Contributor

I'm using the following method in Postman to yield results for what I believe to be the same time range as the HiveManager report I'm comparing to. From there I'm searching the API results for a corresponding username from that report and adding up the usage. Are the usage results in the API in bytes? Should I be going about trying to do this in another way?

https://hmng-prod-va2-cm-01.aerohive.com/xapi/v1/monitor/clients?ownerId=****&startTime=2018-11-25T00:00:00.000Z&endTime=2018-12-02T23:59:00.000Z&timeUnit=DAY&page=0&pageSize=100000

11 REPLIES 11

jludt
New Contributor

Thank you Sam. Also forgot to mention I'm comparing data from that API method to the Top Wireless Users report from HiveManager if that helps. I don't know if you would be able to access our reports but if you can that might help you try to replicate my scenario if you're going that route. Otherwise please let me know if I can provide any further clarification on anything.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm looking in to this for you as I don't know off hand. I've set up a lab but that will take time to generate the data. I'm also reaching out to the rest of the team to see if anyone knows or if we have this documented somewhere.

GTM-P2G8KFN