cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with API Get format/syntax

Help with API Get format/syntax

boleya
New Contributor

I've been playing with the API and I've been successful with retrieving data with some of the simple Gets but this one is stumping me.

GET /v2/clientlocation/clientpresence{?ownerId,apmac,location,timeUnit,startTime,endTime}

I understand that either apmac or location are required but I am unable to figure out what the correct format for either are.

For example, using apmac, I have copied the mac address from the devices view in hivemanager with no dashes or colons and it returns no data. I have also tried it with dashes and colons with the same result. I've tried the mac address of the BSSID, no returned data.

With "location" I am unable to determine what it means by location from Hivemanager. I ran the Get to pull in the devices and noticed there was a location field listed for each device that seemed to reference the 360 Plan structure but I have been unable to get any results no matter what I put in there.

The documentation has not been very helpful and I've not been able to locate a good resource online.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank You

2 REPLIES 2

boleya
New Contributor

Sam,

Thanks for the reply, let me help you with what I figured out yesterday.

So the first thing I needed was to enable Presence Analytics, made sense when I stumbled upon it.

To get the location to work, I needed to know where to retrieve the string to paste into Postman. To find that, I had to go to ML Insights -> Network 360 Plan and select a building or floor. Then I retrieved the numerical value from the URL that was unique for every building or floor selected and then I pasted that into Postman. TADA! Data

9e228be1393a4865bbc9eb4ca111bd66_0694Q000009I7QWQA0.jpg

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We haven't been able to get location to work in our lab yet, but we've had success with this format: https://cloud-va2.aerohive.com/xapi/v2/clientlocation/clientpresence?apmac=9C5D127D22C0&ownerId=6082...

I just wanted to share that in case it helps. I'll keep looking in to this to see if I can find more for you.

GTM-P2G8KFN