cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with troubleshooting client performance at a remote site.

Help with troubleshooting client performance at a remote site.

cnjones
New Contributor

We are running HM on-premise (6.8r5), and we are running AP330's on 6.5r9a OS.

Over the last two weeks, we are receiving complaints of slow wireless performance at one of our offices. I haven't heard if it is office wide (two floors), but I know of one area that a user is having issues. He has said that the connection to the SSID doesn't drop, but the connection either becomes slow or stops sending data. When this happens, he ends up jumping on his mobile hotspot and it works fine. For this user, he is using a Macbook Pro.

When this first started, I would look at his health score, and it was always 100. I opened a case on this, and support first gave me a link to an RF interference guide (https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Radio-Frequency-Interference-Troubleshooting). The beginning of this article says to run "show acsp neighbor", I do see our AP's with values below 75. To remedy this, the article says to lower the power. Does this mean increasing the number or decreasing the number? We have always set the radio power to nine for 5+ years. I've increased this number and I don't see the RSSI changing (9 to 13).

I've looked at all of the AP's in this office via "show int wifi0" and "show int wifi1" and I always see them at high collision.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I'm out of ideas at this point and I am not at this office to troubleshoot locally. I can upload any cli information as well.

2 REPLIES 2

cnjones
New Contributor

Thanks Sam, tech data will be coming shortly!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The -75 RSSI value is what you want to have, we want to avoid having values in the -50's-0. If you don't see any values in the -50's, -40's, -30's, you don't need to adjust your power. What does the output for "show int wifi0 _count" and "show int wifi1 _count" look like? If you'd rather email me tech data directly, I can check your RF interference levels and let you know what we are seeing. My directly email is communityhelp@aerohive.com.

If you have HiveManager (formerly NG, cloud.aerohive.com), you can get tech data by going to Tools> Utilities> Get tech data> Check the box next to the problematic AP> Get tech data (blue button at the top of the page).

GTM-P2G8KFN