cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I have a site with 4 ap-a 1130, at the moment its impossible to do aditionale cabling. If I connect a few more ap in mesh mode, will that work.

Hi, I have a site with 4 ap-a 1130, at the moment its impossible to do aditionale cabling. If I connect a few more ap in mesh mode, will that work.

luka_rogulj
New Contributor

Can i connect multiple ap-s to one which functiones as root, or it has to be 1on1 connection.

Does both root and mesh ap broadcast ssid.

1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The portal AP (connected to ethernet) and the remote AP (not connected to eithernet) will both broadcast the SSID. We support up to 4 APs in a Mesh chain, so that would be one portal and three remote APs total.

Something to keep in mind when using Mesh is you'll cut your throughput speed in half with each Mesh connection. So from the portal to the first remote AP you're already at 50% throughput, without taking in to account any free space path loss or other interference factors that may be further damaging the signal. From the first remote AP to the second remote AP, we're down to 25% throughput in the best case scenario.

GTM-P2G8KFN