cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, there one of my AP550 getting alarm System core dump, sometime rebooted itself. what does it mean?

Hi, there one of my AP550 getting alarm System core dump, sometime rebooted itself. what does it mean?

sophearom_seng
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, thank you for that tech data. I sent you a detailed overview of what I saw, but just to keep the thread updated as well, here is a brief summary of what I checked and what I found.

Checked CPU- All below 1%. I did see a CPU spike in the tech data, but unfortunately the rest of the data doesn't show this, so we didn't collect data during the CPU spike. If you see that system core dump message again, let's grab tech data as soon after that error message as possible.

Also there were some power overload warning messages in the buffered log, so we'll want to check in to the power source for these APs.

Finally, there was an interference warning in the buffered log and when I checked your wifi0 and wifi1 counters we found that we had a 60-90% CRC rate, which is very heavy interference. We'll want to get that reduced as much as possible so we can be sure to get your wireless signal through reliably.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Can we try manually telling the AP to pull AT power, with the following command: system power mode 802.3at

sophearom_seng
New Contributor
Hi,
As I mention using PoE+ switch, only 4APs connect to it, also I have using Aerohive power injector adapter for testing purpose but I still get the same result. attached adapter photo for your ref below
[Image]Best Regards,
Sophearom

Get Outlook for iOS<>

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, for your questions on the power, I would reference the AP550 data sheet that says we need AT power, and your devices are currently getting AF. I would check the power budget on the switch we are pulling from. For the interference question, I understand there is only so much we can do in a non-lab environment, but moving these APs to a different location away from these problem factors will help. Your wifi1 signal is at 90% failure rate, that is extreme interference and the environment is definitely contributing to it. For other Radio Frequency (RF) troubleshooting, I would recommend this guide- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Radio-Frequency-Interference-NG

sophearom_seng
New Contributor
Dear Sam,
Thank for your common - but there something we cannot really change in our office environment, somehow if there something change in AP to adopt in this situation ( of course in red boxes we don't have any wireless single broadcast from those device like camera, printer, digital sender). I wondering why TX and RX chains are 2X2 not 4X4 while we using switch PoE+ which support 30w power?

FYI - I also Testing this morning with Aerohive Power Injector but I still get only 2X2 mode. Kindly have advise?

[cid:image002.png@01D44B6A.C03607D0]

Best Regards,
Sophearom
GTM-P2G8KFN