cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi we have 3 Aerohive AP130 deployed in our warehouse and we are experiencing very slow WIFI download and upload speed of around 40mbps. Could it be a configuration issue? Firmware: IQ Engine 10.0r5 build-228634

Hi we have 3 Aerohive AP130 deployed in our warehouse and we are experiencing very slow WIFI download and upload speed of around 40mbps. Could it be a configuration issue? Firmware: IQ Engine 10.0r5 build-228634

it87
New Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

Jonas3
New Contributor III

If you have heigh ceilings it is also better to use access points with directional antennas in a warehouse.

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Okay so that's definitely a channel width difference. The Cisco AP is likely using either 40 or 80MHz channels whereas the Aerohive AP is probably only using 20MHz channels.

If you go into the radio profile for the 5GHz you should change it to 40MHz width first, push it out and test again and you'll see the speeds jump up. Then if you did the same again and moved it to 80MHz you'd likely see a further increase. Bear in mind that having a large channel width decreases the number of non-overlapping channels available.

it87
New Contributor

Hi Ashley,

we have tried swapping 1 of the AP130 to a cisco WAP571, the cisco AP could reach speed of round 200mbps.

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Depends, what are you expecting to get? WiFi will always be slower than wired as there is overhead associated, airtime to be shared etc. Warehouses can be challenging environments with interference and attenuation also.

I'd also imagine that you're using 20MHz channels by default on the 5GHz. 40MHz channels would likely increase speeds seen but I'd recommend to use DFS channels if not already enabled to ensure you've got access to more non-overlapping channels. Also some older clients don't support 40MHz, so that's something to be aware of.

I'd update to 10.0r8 also, but this will unlikely affect the speed.

GTM-P2G8KFN