cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, we have over 20 APs of AP250 and since some weeks issues with Android Devices. They get a valid IP from DHCP but the Smartphone OS (Android 8/9) is telling us, that we maybe don´t have internet connection. IoS is working correctly. Need help!

Hi, we have over 20 APs of AP250 and since some weeks issues with Android Devices. They get a valid IP from DHCP but the Smartphone OS (Android 8/9) is telling us, that we maybe don´t have internet connection. IoS is working correctly. Need help!

juergen_dannewi
New Contributor III
9 REPLIES 9

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that data. I'm not seeing any issues for that MAC address, it seems to connect without issue:

2019-11-27 08:24:44 debug  ah_auth: [auth_basic]: Got vlan ID 23 by User Profile ID 23 for station 40b8:37c6:0276

2019-11-27 08:24:43 info  amrp2: misc: set VLAN ID 23 for station 40b8:37c6:0276

Is VLAN 23 correct for this user?

If it is, are you able to reach any internal resources or the default gateway for your network at all? Is this issue constant for the Android users? Also, would you be able to get a packet capture while trying to connect with an android device?

juergen_dannewi
New Contributor III

Please see attached the “_debug auth all”-log.

The MAC address is “40b837c60276”.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for checking in with me, I don't seem to have any mail from you on 27/11/2019, could you try sending it again to communityhelp@aerohive.com?

juergen_dannewi
New Contributor III

Hi Sam,

do you have an update for me?

I´ve send the details via mail on 27/11/2019.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Would you be able to enable auth debugs, replicate the connection issue, then pull tech data from the AP you used to replicate?

This guide reviews how to enable auth debugs: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Authentication-Auth-Debugs

This guide reviews how to get tech data from the ExtremeCloud IQ GUI: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/How-to-download-tech-data-in-HiveManager

If you could send that tech data, and the MAC address of the client you used to replicate the issue, to me at communityhelp@aerohive.com, I can take a look and let you know what we find.

GTM-P2G8KFN