high collision on WIFI

high collision on WIFI

Anonymous
Not applicable
high collision on WIFI
13 REPLIES 13

greg_amato
New Contributor

We are monitoring in the ML Insights tab. There are several views. I've added screenshot of one dorm. You can see a navy blue flag whenever there's a channel change... which assume should only happen 1-4am based on the radio profile.

Also through the hundreds of major alarms in the dashboard we get daily for high interference. We know we have some high interference clean up to do, but can't trust the 10.x data at the moment to develop a physical remediation plan around...5bc99fd542ad402c937f3cf1bc69a1a9_0690c000009RwJKAA0.png

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I'm curious if I'm having similar issues. Are you physically monitoring channels, or is there a way to easily gather this historical data?

greg_amato
New Contributor

@Sam Pirok​  can you advise if the false positive interference issues effect the dynamic channel selection?

As in, will the increased collision/interference alerts trigger more frequent channel changes unnecessarily? In my case on 10.x we are seeing channel changes automatically occurring frequently mid-day, even though radio profiles are set to only change 1-4am and/or interference above 35%,with only if no clients connected enabled.

We'll evaluate downgrading to 8.2.r6 too.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I don't have an ETA for r8 yet, but you can downgrade to 8.2r6 or similar to avoid the issue in the mean time.

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

89f6c61ca6ee47519260d77fe2d9f545_0690c000009Rn7FAAS.png

You and me both. I clear these alerts every couple days. There are so many they're basically useless. I'm forced to wait for client feedback in order to troubleshoot interference issues.

GTM-P2G8KFN