Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HiveManager [8.2r1] on-premises update issue

HiveManager [8.2r1] on-premises update issue

fabien_gaille
New Contributor

Hi all,

I already posted there : https://community.aerohive.com/aerohive/topics/hivemanager-8-2r1-on-premises-update-issue but visibly, it's abandoned now... 

Maybe I'll be more lucky here... Any idea how to kill that bee ? Moreover, I run HiveManager on-premises should I consider my question as "HiveManager Connect" or "HiveManager NG" or "The third option" ? 

Cheers,

Fabien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello Fabien,

To get rid of the Flashing Bee, we'll require shell access to the HiveManager.

Please call in or create a case at your convenience so we can schedule a GoToMeeting with Support and get that taken care of.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

fgaille
New Contributor

Hello David,

Thanks a lot. I visibly can't create a ticket (User does not have access to create a case). But I'll definitely call the support.

Best regards,

Fabien

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello Fabien,

To get rid of the Flashing Bee, we'll require shell access to the HiveManager.

Please call in or create a case at your convenience so we can schedule a GoToMeeting with Support and get that taken care of.

Thank you,

sderikonja1
Contributor

I am in a similar boat as you. Active HM updated while passive failed to update. Opened a ticket two months ago and so far no direct fix for it. Two possible solutions are either revert to previous version, or spin up two new VMs and then transfer database and licenses. I can confirm that creating a new HM instance and after transfering database/configs, the bee does not show up in the upper right corner. I haven't tried HA sync as it would require TAC intervention to enable HA and transfer licenses. Leaving that battle for another day.

GTM-P2G8KFN