cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HiveManager ACLs - can you specify a range of ports?

HiveManager ACLs - can you specify a range of ports?

jose_gonzalez
Contributor

It's not uncommon for applications to require a range of ports to be opened up for proper operation. Is there a way to specify the range of ports, instead of one port per line? Especially with the 64 line ACL limit on APs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We don't have that capability currently, but I would encourage you to request it via the feedback option in HiveManager NG (looks like a chat bubble on the right hand side of most pages, with the question mark icon). In the mean time, you might want to work with your main firewall instead of the IP firewall within the user profile until we can add that option in for you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I just checked on this for you, and unfortunately that feature is not on the road map at this time.

frank_robbins
New Contributor

Where is this at on AeroHives road map? This is a basic feature that is included on my $30 tp link wireless access point. Some applications have a range that covers hundreds of ports, manual entries of these ports are absurd. Relying on a firewall outside of the AP may not work in all environments such as ours that send all traffic back to a central location for firewall inspection and there isnt a firewall in that particular office that we need to allow a resource to via wireless.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We don't have that capability currently, but I would encourage you to request it via the feedback option in HiveManager NG (looks like a chat bubble on the right hand side of most pages, with the question mark icon). In the mean time, you might want to work with your main firewall instead of the IP firewall within the user profile until we can add that option in for you.

GTM-P2G8KFN