cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HiveManager Classic Online Upgrade Notification. I need someone to contact me about this upgrade please.

HiveManager Classic Online Upgrade Notification. I need someone to contact me about this upgrade please.

jeremiah_irish
New Contributor

I need to know if the server will change or what I will need to do on my end to make sure customers are not effected at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello Jeremiah,

With the upgrade, the Hivemanager Classic instance will move to a new Server, and will have a new IP Address/Hostname.

In a network setup with "No firewall", the APs will reconnect to the new Hivemanager Classic Instance on it's new server.

If you have Firewall rules that Specifically allow Aerohive devices to communicate with HM-Classic, you may need to modify those rules to reflect the new IP/Hostname.

Here are the Services/Protocols/Ports that Aerohive devices and HM-Classic use:

https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/8.2r2/hm/full/Content/ref/services.htm

The above information only applies to you as the Network Administrator.

End-Users with their Client-Devices won't notice the switch at all. This is due to our "Controller-Less" design, having configuration distributed on each Device.

It always good to send a Complete-Config Update to all Hive Connected devices after a Hivemanager upgrade.

Alternatively, if a reboot is not possible right away, a Delta-Configuration will suffice.

Finally, once HM-Classic is up to date, I would recommend starting the process of Updating firmware on all devices in the Hive.

I am also happy to answer any questions along the way,

Hope this helps,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jeremiah_irish
New Contributor
Ok good! Thank you.

Get Outlook for Android<>

dsouri
Contributor III

Hi Jeremiah,

I looked up your instance, and since you are on the Latest HM-Classic version 8.2r2, nothing will change for you.

I believe the email went out to everyone.

Hope this helps, 

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

jeremiah_irish
New Contributor
So I am on 6.2r2 already will the server and name change anyway?

Get Outlook for Android<>

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello Jeremiah,

With the upgrade, the Hivemanager Classic instance will move to a new Server, and will have a new IP Address/Hostname.

In a network setup with "No firewall", the APs will reconnect to the new Hivemanager Classic Instance on it's new server.

If you have Firewall rules that Specifically allow Aerohive devices to communicate with HM-Classic, you may need to modify those rules to reflect the new IP/Hostname.

Here are the Services/Protocols/Ports that Aerohive devices and HM-Classic use:

https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/8.2r2/hm/full/Content/ref/services.htm

The above information only applies to you as the Network Administrator.

End-Users with their Client-Devices won't notice the switch at all. This is due to our "Controller-Less" design, having configuration distributed on each Device.

It always good to send a Complete-Config Update to all Hive Connected devices after a Hivemanager upgrade.

Alternatively, if a reboot is not possible right away, a Delta-Configuration will suffice.

Finally, once HM-Classic is up to date, I would recommend starting the process of Updating firmware on all devices in the Hive.

I am also happy to answer any questions along the way,

Hope this helps,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

GTM-P2G8KFN