cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hivemanager NG 19.5.1.7 high cpu usage

Hivemanager NG 19.5.1.7 high cpu usage

mat_do
New Contributor III

we have a hivemanager NG 19.5.1.7 with 127 AP130, we have for some times high cpu usage (10Ghz) all the time. is it normal behavior? how can we lower that? we plan to add 30 more APs, how will this impact performance? will we have even higher CPU usage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that screen shot. That CPU is actually a bit lower than I would have expected for 127 devices, and 30 more devices shouldn't be an issue. We do recommend SSD though, if possible.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that screen shot. That CPU is actually a bit lower than I would have expected for 127 devices, and 30 more devices shouldn't be an issue. We do recommend SSD though, if possible.

mat_do
New Contributor III

No problem!

44bb50313ff54689b8355535d7746b6a_0690c000008sFORAA2.png

127APs, we meet the requirements except no SSD : E5-2620 , 8 cpu thread, 24Go RAM

I had 24 cpu thread and 10Ghz cpu usage, when i switched to 8 thread, cpu usage lowered to 7Ghz

no san deployment.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

My apologies, I misunderstood your question. Would you be able to send a screen shot of your :3000 page, specifically the resources tab? Also, how many APs are you using currently?

Could you also confirm your deployment meets all the recommendations listed here: http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/reference/guides/qsg-virtual-appliance....

Finally, do you know if you're using a SAN deployment?

mat_do
New Contributor III

i was talking about high CPU usage on HMNG, not the APs. 10ghz seems a bit too much

GTM-P2G8KFN