cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I let my AP join back the Office Classic Controller via VPN?

How can I let my AP join back the Office Classic Controller via VPN?

rickywong
New Contributor

Hello,

Our HQ is still using Aerohive Classic and purchase 6 new AP250 for new branch setup.

There is a VPN between HQ and new Branch.

My questions are:

IS the Cloud Selected license also working on Classic ?

What is the command to teach new AP to learn the HQ Controller IP address so then it can join back the the Classic?

If the VPN down, any impact to these APs' operation? Will it reboot if lose connection to the Controller after certain minutes?

1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

For your question regarding the license working in a Classic instance, that depends on how the key was made by the sales engineer that gave it to you. If you can provide the entitlement key in question, I can tell you if it will work in the Classic instance as well. If you'd like to send that to me directly, my email is communityhelp@aerohive.com.

For the commands to connect an AP to a Classic HiveManager: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/CAPWAP-HiveManager-Classic

If the VPN goes down, the APs won't be able to pass traffic that is routed to that VPN. The APs will not reboot if they disconnect from the HiveManager, they are designed to operate independently of the controller so they won't take any action other than trying to reconnect to the HiveManager when they disconnect.

GTM-P2G8KFN