cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I transfer WAP's to a new owner?

How can I transfer WAP's to a new owner?

Paul7
New Contributor

I work for a MSP that previously setup AeroHive Access Points for a number of our customers. One of these customers no longer does business with us, and we need to transfer ownership of the access points to them.

I want to make sure I don't put them in a bad situation, without access to their WAP's, so how can I transfer their devices over to a separate HiveManager instance for them?

Let me know if you have any questions about my query. Anybody who has been in a similar situation, please let me know how you handled it.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Our options are:

If you or they still have access to the HiveManager you would want to remove the devices from the HiveManager inventory. This guide reviews how to do this in HiveManager- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Adding-and-Removing-Devices-in-HiveManager

If it's not possible to access the HiveManager, and you have technical support, you would want to open a technical support case explaining the situation, why we need to move the devices, and the serial numbers of the devices that need to be moved.

If you don't have support and don't have access to the HiveManager, please email me the same case information (why we're moving the devices and the serial numbers) at communityhelp@aerohive.com, and I'll likely be able to remove those devices from their original listing for you.

If the serial numbers are registered to a different account than yours in our system (typically when devices are purchased from a non-Aerohive vendor), we will request proof of purchase or written consent from the original owners before we will be able to remove the original listing on our side for you.

GTM-P2G8KFN