cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How can I troubleshoot AP's having a high CPU? I see the command "show cpu detail" and "show system proc state" The cpu detail shows 100% for the cpus and the proc state shows me some cryptic looking services.

How can I troubleshoot AP's having a high CPU? I see the command "show cpu detail" and "show system proc state" The cpu detail shows 100% for the cpus and the proc state shows me some cryptic looking services.

jgraham
New Contributor III
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jgraham
New Contributor III

What should I be looking for? Is it normal for the CPU to spike to 100? I see others with the same question but there does not seem to be an answer for how to troubleshoot it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jgraham
New Contributor III

Thank you for your suggestion. I will utilize the packet capture option in my future troubleshooting of the issue.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The APs are designed to use their CPU, so high CPU isn't necessarily a problem. They shouldn't be constantly at 100% however, so we need to narrow down the cause. You've stated you aren't using the services that mostly commonly spike the CPU, so we've ruled that out. In your description you mentioned "some cryptic looking services", could you tell me what those were?

A packet capture would also help us get a better look at your traffic to make sure we aren't getting flooded, which is another cause of CPU spiking. Could you run a remote packet capture on the AP you see with 100% CPU? This guide will walk you through how to run a packet capture in HiveManager: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Packet-Capture-in-NG

Finally, could you share the results of "Show system process state" and "show cup detail"? If you'd rather send this to me directly, my email is communityhelp@aerohive.com.

jgraham
New Contributor III

What should I be looking for? Is it normal for the CPU to spike to 100? I see others with the same question but there does not seem to be an answer for how to troubleshoot it.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That depends on the cause, which we still need to narrow down. What services are you seeing?

GTM-P2G8KFN