cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How can we connect two buildings using access points ? Customer want to have wifi network for internal users and at the same time he wants to connect two buildings What are the mechanisms we can use to achieve customer goal ?

How can we connect two buildings using access points ? Customer want to have wifi network for internal users and at the same time he wants to connect two buildings What are the mechanisms we can use to achieve customer goal ?

prashan
New Contributor III
10 REPLIES 10

prashan
New Contributor III

Do we have guide for this to configure ? I have 2 two 250s. Where do I need mount those ? Is this should be mount like point to point like or is there any other method ?

prashan
New Contributor III

Can you explain it more ? How can I physically set this ? I have 2 AP250s, where need I mount this APs. How did they talk to each other in mesh network ?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

The short version is you'll want to ensure that one set of radios (5 GHz typically) are configured for backhaul mode. The ethernet port on the far side of the link will need to be set to either bridge-access or bridge-dot1q (depending on if you have a need for VLANs to traverse the WLAN bridge). I always find it best too pre-configure the hardware prior to installing them so you can work out any kinks from your chair.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for clarifying for me. This guide will walk you through how to set up a Mesh connection using HiveManager (formerly NG): https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Mesh-in-NG

prashan
New Contributor III

I'm asking ow to provide a second building with a Mesh connection because the second location doesn't have access to hard-wire internet?

GTM-P2G8KFN