cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add network settings to the Appliance using vCenter 6.7?

How do I add network settings to the Appliance using vCenter 6.7?

nhaffen
New Contributor

I created a new HiveManager NG instance a few weeks ago, but I wasn't able to set the network settings. This is the initial release of NG version 12. My vCenter was version 6.5 at the time, and we since upgraded it to version 6.7, but the results seem to be the same. When I add the OVA file, it never finds the template with the network settings. I tried to add those settings manually, as you can see from my screenshots, but they do not effect the instance. Is there any way we can get help with this? I need to set the FQDN so that it stops redirecting us to the IP address and giving certificate errors. Also, the upgrade to the latest HM-NG version (12.8.1.2) fails, but that may be related, so I'd like to resolve the first issue first.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, vSphere OVA deployment no longer enables you to enter the network settings. The installation is designed to use DHCP for its network properties (IP address, gateway, DNS, etc..). These values are then modified after installation via the HiveManager Virtual Appliance Management System (outlined below).

Updating the Network Settings:

a. Determine the IP address of the new VA and login via the GUI (default credentials are admin & aerohive)

b. Complete the initial VA setup (Org details, admin information, etc..)

c. Check the “Start a 30-day trial” button and accept the Terms & Privacy

d. Set the admin account password

e. Configure the Email & NTP servers

f. Click the Global Settings icon in the top right corner and select “About HiveManager”

g. Click the link to the HiveManager Virtual Appliance Management System

• Login using admin & aerohive as the default credentials

h. Select Network Settings and update the values

i. Click Submit

j. Click Reboot, select the “Reboot System” radial button, and click Reboot

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

nhaffen
New Contributor

Great! That's a lot better of a solution. Can't believe I missed that in the guides. Thanks!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, vSphere OVA deployment no longer enables you to enter the network settings. The installation is designed to use DHCP for its network properties (IP address, gateway, DNS, etc..). These values are then modified after installation via the HiveManager Virtual Appliance Management System (outlined below).

Updating the Network Settings:

a. Determine the IP address of the new VA and login via the GUI (default credentials are admin & aerohive)

b. Complete the initial VA setup (Org details, admin information, etc..)

c. Check the “Start a 30-day trial” button and accept the Terms & Privacy

d. Set the admin account password

e. Configure the Email & NTP servers

f. Click the Global Settings icon in the top right corner and select “About HiveManager”

g. Click the link to the HiveManager Virtual Appliance Management System

• Login using admin & aerohive as the default credentials

h. Select Network Settings and update the values

i. Click Submit

j. Click Reboot, select the “Reboot System” radial button, and click Reboot

nhaffen
New Contributor

Forgot to mention that it's only working right now because I set our HiveManager NG instance with a static DHCP address on our DHCP server. However, that doesn't seem to be sufficient.

GTM-P2G8KFN