cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I configure a VLAN using HiveManager Connect. I have a guest and a corporate SSID, I would like to separate the date using VLANs.

How do I configure a VLAN using HiveManager Connect. I have a guest and a corporate SSID, I would like to separate the date using VLANs.

mjones2
New Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Hi Larry,

Has the switch/DHCP server been set up correctly to allow that VLAN/IP subnet? Can you run a VLAN probe either through the HiveManager or through the CLI (interface mgt0 dhcp-probe vlan-range <number> <number>) to see the AP can find a DHCP server on that VLAN?

larry1
New Contributor

When I followed Sam's instructions, the SSID was created with a VLAN, but when I try to connect to it I just get an error saying I can't get an IP. Is there somewhere else you need to go to get the VLAN fully setup to access DHCP?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You can set the VLAN for the SSID in the user profile. So in the guest SSID you'd set a different VLAN in the user profile than in the corporate SSID user profile. To get to the User Profile you will want to go to Configure> Open the Network Policy> Open the SSID> User Profile is on this page.

GTM-P2G8KFN