cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you configure a SSID as a Captive Portal for Guest Self-Sign, but link this to an existing SSID

How do you configure a SSID as a Captive Portal for Guest Self-Sign, but link this to an existing SSID

jay_haines
New Contributor

The wizard when used wants to force me to make a new SSID which I don't want. This would mean we have three in the environment. (Corporate, Guest and Guest Sign-Up).

I can setup the Network Policies needed for the corporate SSID to allow Employee and Guest access, however I can't see how to make the "Guest Sign-Up" Open SSID which will allow only the CWP for the self-enrollment process only. I don't want to provide Internet etc on this.

Thanks kindly in advance for your help everyone.

1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The self registration process requires two SSIDs, but the Open SSID will not provide internet access. When you set the SSID and CWP up, you'll notice there is no User Profile, and no VLAN assigned to that SSID. Traffic connected to the Open SSID will only be able to reach the registration portal. even after a successful registration. They would have to connect to the separate PPSK SSID with the credentials they are given after registration to reach the internet.

GTM-P2G8KFN