cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How It is the best practice to configure an Access Point as DHCP,?

How It is the best practice to configure an Access Point as DHCP,?

carla_rebaza
New Contributor

So for my Understanding , I can configure a primary access point and a Secondary access point, what I'm not sure is exactly how to do it, my guess is I can configure one access point with part of the Ip address Pool and the second access point with the rest of the Ip address Pool, for example I have the network 192.168.0.0/24, So the primay access point will handle the Ip address Pool  192.168.0.10 - 192.168.0.100, and the second access point will handle the Ip address Pool 192.168.0.101 - 192.168.0.220, that is the best way to do it??? please advice

Another question I have, I am about to deploy 35 access point, (AP130) so following the example above, I will use one access point as Primary DHCP, another access point as Seconday DHCP, for what i have left 33 access point that I must to configure as DHCP-Rela,y, Right?? So when I configure " the DHCP Server and Relay" common objects on the hivemanager as "DHCP relay agent" what Ip address should set as "Primary DHCP Server" and "Secondary DHCP Server" ??? my guess is the Management Ip of the Acess point that I configure as a Primary DHCP and Secondary DHCP, Right? Please Advice

6 REPLIES 6

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You'd want to go to Configure> Open the Network Policy> Open the SSID> Open the CWP object> Expand the Advanced Configuration within the CWP object and adjust the Registration Period to the amount of time you want the client to be connected after authenticating through the CWP. Be sure to update the APs so they know about this change.

carla_rebaza
New Contributor

Sam, and where o how can I enable the option to force the client to re-authenticate after 30 minutes. Thanks in advance.!!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We can set the Registration Period in the Captive Web Portal (CWP) object for 30 minutes, so after 30 minutes the client is asked to re-authenticate through the CWP. However, we don't have a way of blocking them from re-authenticating right after the 30 minutes has expired. If you'd like, I can submit a feature request to see if we can add that functionality in a later release?

carla_rebaza
New Contributor

Hi SAM, Please I have another question, How can I configure that a client that connects to an open network is only allowed 30 minutes of internet connection once registered in the captive web portal.

I want to set up a network like at the airport that only allows access to the internet for 30 minutes once you have entered your name and email,

and after the 30 minutes the client has to wait 24 hours to request another 30 minutes of internet access

GTM-P2G8KFN