cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Radius authentication for Hivemanager NG on Prem?

How to configure Radius authentication for Hivemanager NG on Prem?

oliver_eve
New Contributor

Hey,

We're in the process of migrating from HM classic to NG & for starters I've tried to setup the authentication method on Hivemanager NG to point login requests to our radius server but NG errors out everytime I login. I can see the authentication is successful on the NPS server but NG doesn't seem to work with it. I can also see on the NPS server that NG is downgrading the authentication method to PAP opposed to MSChap which is whats configured.

I've seen another post similar to this but no answer was given.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

17 REPLIES 17

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for your patience. I was able to confirm that the engineering ticket for this issue is still open so this is still an issue. The SAML method for logging in is working for on premises deployments, however the Radius AD/LDAP tie in is still having issues.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for letting me know. I'm sorry for the delay here, I am looking in to this for you on our side to see what our options are moving forward, but due to the holidays it might take a bit longer than usual to get a response. I will keep working on this for you until we get this resolved, please feel free to check in any time for an update either here or by contacting me directly at communityhelp@aerohive.com.

oliver_eve
New Contributor

Hey Sam,

I've tried going through our own support vendor & opening a direct support case but both have been useless. The support case directly with yourselves was closed because our support is handled via a different vendor. Our vendor reported the below statement back:

"We have been informed that this feature is working as intended and Aerohive have suggested to generate a feature request in the HiveManager by clicking the "how are we doing" box on the right hand side of any page."

What does this mean? I am struggling to understand why this is such a difficult thing to get working.

Are there any reps who i can demo this to on a webex as both methods to get this resolved have failed.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We are still working on this issue, would you be able to open a support case so we can get you in touch with a technician to work on these problems?

belloli_n
New Contributor

I am also having the same two issues as Oliver. We worked around the fact that MSCHAP was being downgraded to PAP. But the email address is a problem for us as well with RADIUS. Is there any update into Oliver's issue?

GTM-P2G8KFN