cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Radius authentication for Hivemanager NG on Prem?

How to configure Radius authentication for Hivemanager NG on Prem?

oliver_eve
New Contributor

Hey,

We're in the process of migrating from HM classic to NG & for starters I've tried to setup the authentication method on Hivemanager NG to point login requests to our radius server but NG errors out everytime I login. I can see the authentication is successful on the NPS server but NG doesn't seem to work with it. I can also see on the NPS server that NG is downgrading the authentication method to PAP opposed to MSChap which is whats configured.

I've seen another post similar to this but no answer was given.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

17 REPLIES 17

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I will add this question to the case we are creating per this thread. I'm very sorry I can't give you an answer right away, but I'm sure our support team will be able to sort this out with you.

oliver_eve
New Contributor

No worries ill take a look. A bigger issue is the mandated use of an email address for logging into an internal box. As our internal domain does not match our email address the login always fails (as told by one of our technical account managers)

Can this be changed? The workaround is either an NPS re-write which is alot of hassles for something as basic as radius or wait for an AFI.

Cheers

Oli

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for reaching out. As I posted in the other thread with the same question- We'd need to see a mirrored port packet capture that was running while you replicate this issue. This guide will walk you through how to set up a mirrored port packet capture- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Packet-Capture-with-Mirrored-Port

If you could send that to me at communityhelp@aerohive.com, I can take a look and let you know what we find.

GTM-P2G8KFN