cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable SNMP polling of my 2208/2324/2348 switches via HiveManager NG?

How to enable SNMP polling of my 2208/2324/2348 switches via HiveManager NG?

bear
New Contributor III

I have configured my HiveManager NG network policy with an SNMP profile that specifies two different IPs. Presumably, my switches are firing away SNMP traps at these IPs (I haven't looked) but my switches are not accepting SNMP polling at the same community I've configured, even from the IPs I configured via the policy.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GeorgiaMason
Contributor II

You can use the free SNMP tester to make sure the switch is talking to the snmp server: https://www.paessler.com/tools/snmptester. You'd want to enter the switch IP as the destination, enter your community string, and then I suggest just doing an uptime check. If you get a response, at least you know traffic is getting there and back without issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

bear
New Contributor III

By the way, I have a support case open for this- turns out that once migrated from Classic to NG, all of my HiveOS-based devices (access points, SR2000 switches) ignore their SNMP configuration, while the newer Nimitz-based switches (the SR2200/2300 devices) work just fine.

WOMP WOMP WOMP.

GeorgiaMason
Contributor II

Some other thoughts: Check the running config on the switch to make sure it's getting it's SNMP settings, make sure all MIB files were imported to the SNMP server, and make sure you have the latest firmware (and therefore the latest HiveAgent version). After that you might want a support case.

bear
New Contributor III

I already did that (with my standard SNMP tools) before posting, that's how I know my devices aren't responding to SNMP. My APs respond to SNMP polling just fine, but the 2208/2324/2348 switches don't appear to honor the SNMP configuration... ?

GeorgiaMason
Contributor II

You can use the free SNMP tester to make sure the switch is talking to the snmp server: https://www.paessler.com/tools/snmptester. You'd want to enter the switch IP as the destination, enter your community string, and then I suggest just doing an uptime check. If you get a response, at least you know traffic is getting there and back without issue.

GTM-P2G8KFN