Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to long into AP130 UI

How to long into AP130 UI

NimeshS
New Contributor
Hello all, 

I'm new to the community and it's good to be here. 

I have an Aerohive Ap130 device which is used for my entire office and recently I have been getting failed packages/routing to gateway. I am trying to log into the AP130 GU (Aerohive NetConfig UI - Hive OS 6.5r8) but do not know the user name and or password. 

What would be the best way to log into the UI so that I may troubleshoot and manage the AP130? How would I reset user name/password?

Thank you, 
Nim
3 REPLIES 3

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
I typically use PuTTY, or if you're using a MAC device Terminal will do mostly the same things as PuTTY. You can also reach the Web UI for an AP by navigating to it's IP address in any web browser. And yes, you will be prompted for a username and password on both systems; admin will always be the username, and both programs or the Web UI page will accept the default passwords if the AP is in a default settings state. Does that answer your question?

NimeshS
New Contributor
Thanks you, Sam, really appreciate your response. 

I have tried admin and both of the default passwords you suggested but I am still not able to log in. 

Going a different route, if I reset the AP130 back to factory default by pressing the reset button, what tool or application should I use to log in? And, can I use the same default user name and password (admin; aerohive or Aerohive1)?

Thank you,
Nim

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Nim, welcome to the community!! We're thrilled to have you here!

For your AP130, the username will always be admin. The default password will either be aerohive or Aerohive1. This guide reviews how to set the device to factory default settings.

To find out what password your device is using when it isn't using the default password, we'd need to know which HiveManager platform you are using. If you are using HiveManager Classic (myhive.aerohive.com), you'll want to go to the Home tab> Administration> Device Management Settings> Unobscure the password shown on this page. If you're using ExtremeCloud IQ (extremecloudiq.com), this guide reviews where to find the set device passwords.  

Hope this helps! Please let me know if I can help with anything else.
GTM-P2G8KFN