cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate licenses from a Hivemanager 11.26 server to the new 12.8 NG-VA server ?

How to migrate licenses from a Hivemanager 11.26 server to the new 12.8 NG-VA server ?

vb
New Contributor

I have 248 AP managed with Hivemanager version 11.26.

I set up the new VM with Hivemanager version 12.8 NG-VA.

How to proceed to migrate all licenced AP from the old server to the latest ?

I entered the key for licenses and support in the new HiveManager. Il will be activated but I noticed the number of device is empty (248 was expected).

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If both instances will be running at the same time at any point, we will need to set up a technical support call with you to get access to the shell of your old instance and remove the entitlement keys manually before we can apply them to the new instance. If the new instance will be the only version running, we can just re-initialize your keys for you, and you'll be able to add them to the new instance without issue. I would suggest either opening a technical support case with us, or if you just need the keys reinitialized you can email me one of your keys at communityhelp@aerohive.com, and I'll get those reinitialized for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

vb
New Contributor

I will reply to you by email.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If both instances will be running at the same time at any point, we will need to set up a technical support call with you to get access to the shell of your old instance and remove the entitlement keys manually before we can apply them to the new instance. If the new instance will be the only version running, we can just re-initialize your keys for you, and you'll be able to add them to the new instance without issue. I would suggest either opening a technical support case with us, or if you just need the keys reinitialized you can email me one of your keys at communityhelp@aerohive.com, and I'll get those reinitialized for you.

GTM-P2G8KFN