cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset AP admin password?

How to reset AP admin password?

michael_antes
New Contributor

AP's are broadcasting an SSID that is not visible in HiveManager. I'm suspecting they are configured directly on the AP and not on the cloud. We no longer have the local admin password to reach the web interface. My questions are: Is it possible to have SSID's setup on these AP's and not have it in the cloud? If yes, how would get the local AP admin interface password reset if the old IT tech is no longer around? I saw an option to reset to default from HiveManager but I want to tread carefully being making a small problem into a bigger one. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You could technically build an SSID in the CLI, but this would be erased every time the AP reboots. You could technically make a supplemental CLI with these commands, which gets pushed out to the AP every time it reboots, which would get around that problem, but you'd see the supplemental CLI object in the GUI so it's easy to check for.

The SSID and the password to log in to the AP are unrelated. The default password for the AP with either be "aerohive" or "Aerohive1". If it has your configuration on it, you will see the password in your HiveManager by clicking on the silhouette icon in the top right hand corner> Global Settings> Device Management Settings.

If you can't reach the HiveManager interface, we can help you with resetting that password, but you'll likely need a support case for that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

michael_antes
New Contributor

Thanks Sam! AP's have been rebooted and the rouge SSID's still show. Suspecting wifi is coming from the cable modem itself. Thanks again for the knowledgable response !!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You could technically build an SSID in the CLI, but this would be erased every time the AP reboots. You could technically make a supplemental CLI with these commands, which gets pushed out to the AP every time it reboots, which would get around that problem, but you'd see the supplemental CLI object in the GUI so it's easy to check for.

The SSID and the password to log in to the AP are unrelated. The default password for the AP with either be "aerohive" or "Aerohive1". If it has your configuration on it, you will see the password in your HiveManager by clicking on the silhouette icon in the top right hand corner> Global Settings> Device Management Settings.

If you can't reach the HiveManager interface, we can help you with resetting that password, but you'll likely need a support case for that.

GTM-P2G8KFN