cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see learnt Bonjour devices in NG?

How to see learnt Bonjour devices in NG?

mcollins
New Contributor III

In the old HMOL it was possible to see a list off the devices that the Bonjour Gateway had learnt. Does the same or similar list exist in NG? I haven't been able to find anything yet.

I know it's working as I can see the devices but it would be nice to have a list for troubleshooting in the future.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello,

At this time, I can't locate anything in the GUI for this. However, if you find an AP's CLI Guide here:

https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/learning-whats-new.htm

shown in photo below.

d5345649831445d9aeb6ced0844eba9a_0690c000006VGidAAG.png

Then, once in a CLI guide for any Model AP, a search for Bonjour will give you all Bonjour related CLI commands and their options.

The commands we're looking for are:

show bonjour-gateway service remote [ vlan <number> ] [ detail ]

show bonjour-gateway service local [ filtered ] [ vlan <number> ] [ detail ]

bonjour commands

From @Brian Powers​ : You can do this the CLI way. But requires knowing which device is your BDD. To find that, select one AP and go to Actions - Advanced - CLI Access and run the following command:

show bon sta

Find the row that says "My BDD: x.x.x.x" and locate the particular AP that has that IP.

I hope this was helpful, happy to assist

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

You can do this the CLI way. But requires knowing which device is your BDD. To find that, select one AP and go to Actions - Advanced - CLI Access and run the following command:

show bon sta

Find the row that says "My BDD: x.x.x.x" and locate the particular AP that has that IP.

Same as above but this time run the command: show bon service local

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello,

At this time, I can't locate anything in the GUI for this. However, if you find an AP's CLI Guide here:

https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/learning-whats-new.htm

shown in photo below.

d5345649831445d9aeb6ced0844eba9a_0690c000006VGidAAG.png

Then, once in a CLI guide for any Model AP, a search for Bonjour will give you all Bonjour related CLI commands and their options.

The commands we're looking for are:

show bonjour-gateway service remote [ vlan <number> ] [ detail ]

show bonjour-gateway service local [ filtered ] [ vlan <number> ] [ detail ]

bonjour commands

From @Brian Powers​ : You can do this the CLI way. But requires knowing which device is your BDD. To find that, select one AP and go to Actions - Advanced - CLI Access and run the following command:

show bon sta

I hope this was helpful, happy to assist

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

GTM-P2G8KFN