cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stack Dell N2000 series switches?

How to stack Dell N2000 series switches?

andrew_vernon
New Contributor

I started with the article

https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Switch-Stacking to set up my device and stack templates, but I need a few specifics for my environment.

The N2000's use Mini-SAS cables for stacking. The article example illustrates using Aerohive SR2300 series switches stacking with trunk ports. Does HiveManager support the Mini-SAS ports, or will I need to use trunk ports as with the SR2300's?

Also, when I created my stack templates, HM automatically created templates for the individual switches. I expect I'll need to push the network policy to the switches at onboarding, then assign each member template to the correct device. After those changes, I push the network policy again to form the stacks, right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

blakebritt73
New Contributor

You just need to connect the number one switch to the number two switch. Always connect it from the first switches second stack port to the second switches first. and keep the pattern going. Then the second stack port of the last switch to the first stack port of the first switch.

If they do not number correctly, you can always renumber them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

blakebritt73
New Contributor

You just need to connect the number one switch to the number two switch. Always connect it from the first switches second stack port to the second switches first. and keep the pattern going. Then the second stack port of the last switch to the first stack port of the first switch.

If they do not number correctly, you can always renumber them.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

As long as the Dell switches are in a reset state, powered off when you connect the cables, and then powered on while connected, they should stack themselves. You'd want to make the templates in HiveManager first, so when they connect they can pull their configuration right away. You should be able to set individual templates for each switch when you make the templates the first time, just go to the Port Configuration section on the left hand side menu and then choose the switch you want to work on next, also from that left hand side menu.

GTM-P2G8KFN