cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to troubleshoot network backend with Aerohive. Should clients be authenticating on the AP or the hivemanager cloud with a simple WPA2-PSK SSID?

How to troubleshoot network backend with Aerohive. Should clients be authenticating on the AP or the hivemanager cloud with a simple WPA2-PSK SSID?

matt_nissen
New Contributor

I am going crazy trying to troubleshoot a problem we have at our site with Hivemanager cloud and about 20 AP250's..... it all started in our warehouse/production area and Intermec scan guns.

I have taken over the wireless since our network guy has not been replaced and what i have found out from our production/warehouse users is that the wireless never worked - constant dropouts and no roaming ever happening.

After some research i have found configurations perfect for our site. The result is that 3 out of 4 of our SSID clients have much faster connections and no roaming issues.

The SSID for our production scan guns is still having issues roaming. there are specific spots but i have found most the time, they seem to struggle with Authentication response time.

I'm trying to figure out where they authenticate from, the AP itself or the hivemanager cloud....

Radius is configured onsite so our corporate ssid works fine... i added our DNS server so the response is fine...but Gateway ARP and authentication seems to really take a long time.

Any suggestions would be great!

12 REPLIES 12

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Given the evolving issues here I think you might do best with a support case. I took a look at those captures but I'm not seeing an IPv4 or IPv6 traffic which is a bit odd. A technician will be able to do a deeper data dive with you so we can get to the bottom of these issues.

matt_nissen
New Contributor

​ now I have a whole new problem with a different AP that fails to take the delta or full update....

I have tried resetting it multiple times and it just comes back like nothing happened...

matt_nissen
New Contributor

​and wifi1...which I turned off on this AP to try and troubleshoot

matt_nissen
New Contributor

​here is wifi0

GTM-P2G8KFN