cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unmanage devices in order to free the licenses associated?

s_didi
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You will need to remove them from your device inventory. To do this you will want to go to Monitor and check the box next to the AP. Then depending on what Hivemanager platform you are using:

HiveManager (formerly NG)(cloud.aerohive.com)- Click on the trash can icon to remove the device from your inventory.

HiveManager Classic (myhive.aerohive.com)- Click on Device Inventory> Remove to remove the device from your inventory.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Salim, this depends a bit on your platform.

For HiveManager (formerly NG), you can go to Monitor> Check the box next to the AP> Actions> Change Management Status> Unmanaged.

For HiveManager Classic, the term "unmanaged" means the device is in your inventory but hasn't connected for the first time, so that won't help us much with your use case here.

That being said, if you are out of licenses and get locked to one page until you add a key, you wouldn't be able to go back and change the management status of your devices until after you've already entered the key.

s_didi
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the assistance. I did as per your advice and it worked smoothly.

I did get my licenses back and was able to reassign them.

One thing I would like to understand is how devices become unmanaged.

Is there a way to have them managed within the HiveManager and then get them unmanaged without going through the process of removing them?

Thanks for your help.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You will need to remove them from your device inventory. To do this you will want to go to Monitor and check the box next to the AP. Then depending on what Hivemanager platform you are using:

HiveManager (formerly NG)(cloud.aerohive.com)- Click on the trash can icon to remove the device from your inventory.

HiveManager Classic (myhive.aerohive.com)- Click on Device Inventory> Remove to remove the device from your inventory.

GTM-P2G8KFN