cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to add an AP and it gives error message "device failed to onboard". How to fix this?

I am trying to add an AP and it gives error message "device failed to onboard". How to fix this?

carlos_sanz
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Can you click on that "device failed to onboard" message to see the full error message? Likely it will tell you that a certain serial number is already in use within another HiveManager instance, in which case if you could email me that serial number (communityhelp@aerohive.com) I can get this cleared up for you right away. If you see a different error, please let me know what that is and I'll let you know where we need to go from there.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

carlos_sanz
New Contributor

I send you a mail with serial numbers

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Can you click on that "device failed to onboard" message to see the full error message? Likely it will tell you that a certain serial number is already in use within another HiveManager instance, in which case if you could email me that serial number (communityhelp@aerohive.com) I can get this cleared up for you right away. If you see a different error, please let me know what that is and I'll let you know where we need to go from there.

GTM-P2G8KFN