cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a AP 230 with OS-version 6.1r5 and is not able to save to memory, either, I've tried to update first to 6.5r3 but it wont work, du I need to update the AP manually? and if so how?

I have a AP 230 with OS-version 6.1r5 and is not able to save to memory, either, I've tried to update first to 6.5r3 but it wont work, du I need to update the AP manually? and if so how?

niklas_osterman
New Contributor
5 REPLIES 5

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We also have a way to update the firmware via the CLI using the files I sent to you: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Updating-HiveOS-from-CLI-using-SCP-TFTP-or-HTTP-s

niklas_osterman
New Contributor

OK! great Sam and Brian, I'll need to bring myself on site and update the AP via the versions you emailed me, as I gather there is not a SSH /CLI solution to this, yet.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Brian is absolutely correct, with a 230 you'll need to go to 6.1r6, then 6.2r1, and after that you can move to any later version without going stepwise through all of the versions. I've emailed you with the firmware versions you'll need, and a guide that reviews how to update the firmware via the Web UI of the AP.

niklas_osterman
New Contributor

I tried to update it to 6.1r6c (that is available via HM) but no go.

In your Downloads-page, I can not find the 6.1r6 OS for AP230.

Also since I'm now at our office (away from Customers net) I would like how to SSH / CLI update the AP, when I get a hold on the file that is. 😉

GTM-P2G8KFN