cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a few AP550 getting alarm wifi0: A high interference alert was raised. how do we can resolve it?

I have a few AP550 getting alarm wifi0: A high interference alert was raised. how do we can resolve it?

sophearom_seng
New Contributor

I have a few AP550 getting alarm wifi0: A high interference alert was raised. how do we can resolve it? I have capture some data as attached file.

Best Regards,

Sophearom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that data, that was very helpful. For the output under "show acsp neighbor", we want to make sure we have RSSI rates of -100 to -75. The closer to 0 the RSSI gets, the louder the device's signal is, the more overlap you are likely to have, which means more packet damage, more packet drops, slower wifi, etc. I normally don't worry until we hit the -50s and up, but you can see you have a few values that are much too high. To help with high RSSI values, you'd want to turn the power down on your APs. You also want to pay attention to the column right next to the RSSI value, which tells you whether this is an Aerohive AP. If you see "no" here, which we do, this means it isn't your AP that is too loud, it's a neighboring AP somewhere around you. Finally, every country has it's own approved channels, so this depends a bit on your location, but based on the non-overlap channels identified in your "show acsp channel-info detail" output, you should only see 2.4GHz signals on channels 1, 6, or 11. Devices broadcasting on any other channel will cause issues as these are overlap channels so they have a potential to bleed in to other signals near by.

4bd7441052b4438b809bbadb5d506dfb_0690c000006FOiPAAW.png

Additionally, you have a very high CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) failure rate on your wifi0 radio. CRCs are basically checking to see if the packets that have been received by a receiving radio are too damaged to read properly. If they are, the transmitting radio has to send the same data at least once more before the receiving radio can process it and move on. If we have a high CRC failure rate, we have a lot of packet damage in the environment. Your CRC rate for the wifi0 radio is 78%, which means that 78% of your packets are too damaged to read and had to be resent at least one time, possibly several.

show_int_wifi0__count

CRC errors are usually related to environmental interference factors. These factors include mainly metal, glass, water, or large amounts of people (since we're basically water to a radio signal). All of these factors tend to reflect, refract, or generally damage your signal, leading to more retries, which leads to slower WiFi speeds. If you'd like to email me some pictures of some problematic APs with as much of the environment around the AP showing as possible, I can help rule out environmental factors with you. If you'd like to share those with me directly, please feel free to email them to communityhelp@aerohive.com.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that data, that was very helpful. For the output under "show acsp neighbor", we want to make sure we have RSSI rates of -100 to -75. The closer to 0 the RSSI gets, the louder the device's signal is, the more overlap you are likely to have, which means more packet damage, more packet drops, slower wifi, etc. I normally don't worry until we hit the -50s and up, but you can see you have a few values that are much too high. To help with high RSSI values, you'd want to turn the power down on your APs. You also want to pay attention to the column right next to the RSSI value, which tells you whether this is an Aerohive AP. If you see "no" here, which we do, this means it isn't your AP that is too loud, it's a neighboring AP somewhere around you. Finally, every country has it's own approved channels, so this depends a bit on your location, but based on the non-overlap channels identified in your "show acsp channel-info detail" output, you should only see 2.4GHz signals on channels 1, 6, or 11. Devices broadcasting on any other channel will cause issues as these are overlap channels so they have a potential to bleed in to other signals near by.

4bd7441052b4438b809bbadb5d506dfb_0690c000006FOiPAAW.png

Additionally, you have a very high CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) failure rate on your wifi0 radio. CRCs are basically checking to see if the packets that have been received by a receiving radio are too damaged to read properly. If they are, the transmitting radio has to send the same data at least once more before the receiving radio can process it and move on. If we have a high CRC failure rate, we have a lot of packet damage in the environment. Your CRC rate for the wifi0 radio is 78%, which means that 78% of your packets are too damaged to read and had to be resent at least one time, possibly several.

show_int_wifi0__count

CRC errors are usually related to environmental interference factors. These factors include mainly metal, glass, water, or large amounts of people (since we're basically water to a radio signal). All of these factors tend to reflect, refract, or generally damage your signal, leading to more retries, which leads to slower WiFi speeds. If you'd like to email me some pictures of some problematic APs with as much of the environment around the AP showing as possible, I can help rule out environmental factors with you. If you'd like to share those with me directly, please feel free to email them to communityhelp@aerohive.com.

GTM-P2G8KFN